"Are you considering clear teeth straighteners?"
Invisalign is a series of nearly undetectable aligners that straighten teeth. You can think of Invisalign as orthodontic treatment without braces.
Invisalign aligners offer an alternative that can deliver similar results to traditional braces. To find out more, make an appointment with The Dental Boutique.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Traditional braces are unsightly and unremovable; Invisalign aligners offer an alternative that can deliver similar results to traditional braces, while still maintaining quality of life throughout orthodontic treatment. With Invisalign treatment, clear aligners are specially fabricated to fit teeth exactly. Over time, they move teeth into a position that gives a natural looking, straight smile.
Invisalign has a number of benefits that often makes them the preferred choice over traditional-style braces. Some primary advantages include:
- Virtually invisible in appearance due to clear material
- Removable - take them out to eat, floss, brush your teeth or for special occasions
- Comfortable to wear - no gum irritation
- No metal brackets and wires are used in order to eliminate pain and pressure on the teeth
- Suitable for adults of all ages
- No impact on your lifestyle - enjoy your favourite foods and smile with confidence for the duration of the treatment
How does Invisalign work?
Patients undergo an initial consultation to determine their suitability for the treatment. If Invisalign is right for you, impressions are taken of your teeth to create sets of aligning trays that incrementally move your teeth into the desired position. 3D imaging scans are used at this stage to help you visualise what your final results should look like.
Your orthodontist will provide aligners tailored to your mouth and your goals. Each set of aligners is worn for approximately two weeks and removed only to eat, drink, brush, and floss, with the total duration of treatment lasting six to eighteen months.
Maintain the durability and look of your Invisalign aligners with the proper care and maintenance. We recommend the following:
- Remove your Invisalign trays every morning and evening to thoroughly clean the trays and your teeth
- Rinse the aligners every time you remove them
- Brush and floss your teeth before putting Invisalign back in
- Store trays in their case when not being worn
- Wear your aligners as much as possible for faster, longer-lasting results
At the completion of treatment, custom-made retainers are fabricated to ensure your teeth remain in the correct position. It is recommended that patients wear a retainer for life. This helps reduce the likelihood teeth will move again.
Are you a good candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign may not be right for everyone, but it’s especially suitable for older teens and adults that want to achieve straight teeth and address issues such as gapped or crowded teeth, overbites, underbites and crossbites. Invisalign isn’t always suitable for more severe cases, which often require traditional braces or alternative dentistry treatments.
Invisalign is a simple solution to achieving a beautiful smile, but it’s only suitable for patients that are dedicated to the treatment. Invisalign braces should be worn for at least 22 hours per day and you should be prepared to wear a retainer when the treatment course is completed.
Make an appointment
Find out if Invisalign is right for you with a consultation with one of our dentists. You can experience orthodontics and a healthy smile without braces - just get in touch with The Dental Boutique.